Sunday, November 23, 2008

From the Beginning

I have no idea what this blogging thing is all about but I figured that since I recommend journaling to my clients, I might as well start practicing what I preach. Paper and pencil are foreign to me any more as I spend most of my "life" in front of a computer typing papers, progress notes, newsletters, this and that.

Where to start. If you were a fly on the wall in my office, you'd hear my words of wisdom "at the beginning........" So, that is where I will begin (for the most part) since I have the attention span of a gnat and tend to weave the present in with the future and digress from whatever story or experience I was relating.

I think for one to truly know oneself, one must start right where they are. Present day, 2008.
I am:
  • divorced
  • a homeowner of two properties
  • an owner of a small private counseling practice
  • a youth advisor
  • a daughter
  • a sister
  • an aunt
  • a cousin
  • a godmother
  • a friend
  • a teacher
  • a mentor
  • a trainer
  • loving
  • caring
  • faithful
  • a believer
How funny....of all of those things that "I am" I chose to list "divorced" as first. It's funny how we view ourselves and what we deem important. Why is being divorced the first thing I want people to know about me? Is it because I feel that I'm a "failure" and want to get that over with first because others a) will be on the look out for my perfect mate or b) will forget what was first on the list by the time they get to the end of the list? I don't know. I guess that will have to be explored further later.

Regardless of why I chose the descriptions on my list I can truly say that my life is complete and that, for now, I am content. Are there things I want? Sure. Are they things I absolutely NEED? Nope. So there you have it.

That's the present day 2008. I will continue to post. You will see that my life is filled with laughter, hilarious moments, serious moments, chaos and disorder, and just plain old good fashioned fun. Woven between all of this "stuff" is the calm and peaceful side of living.

Peace and Blessings to you.

3 comments:

Bagpuss said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I have been in this world for over 3 years, its where I met that husband of mine.
R

Anonymous said...

So... I do not not view your identity as divorce... but as "simply" kind! thank you!

Anonymous said...

Very insightful...I will have to "forget" your list, "remember" to make one of my own and "see" what comes up 1st on mine, although it seriously would probably be "fat". I'll let you know and email it to you. I like this blogging thing. You are definitely someone I am interested in reading about, always appreaciate your words of wisdom and tremendous ability to see things from a positive light!! Keep up with your good work!! ;)