Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Actions speak louder than words

Actions really do speak louder than words. It really just hit me today.

The guy in the cafeteria, who has been saying for the past umpteen months that "we're gonna get together," told me this morning when I went down for breakfast that he was going to make Cream of Potato soup. Big deal you say. I'm with ya! Here's the thing: he knew I had no voice and wasn't feeling well. I specifically asked him to make something "comforting." He knew what I meant. Lo and behold, I trot myself down again at lunch time and guess what? It's CLAM CHOWDER! Eww with a capital EWW! So, of course, I can't let that go and say something to him. He says, "Babe, you know I care about you." Whatever, I say, actions speak louder than words.

The background with this person is too extensive for me to even get into right now. It's the point of saying one thing and doing something else. I always try to have my words and actions consistent with one another. That's the way I live my life. I very rarely say one thing and do another. I just can't, it's not part of my nature. So, gullible me trusts that everyone operates on the same premise as I do. WRONG, Jill, doesn't happen that way! I am trying not to be jaded. I really do give everyone chances...many more than some of them deserve. Is it wrong to expect that people will do what they say they'll do? I just don't get it.

Tomorrow, I'm bringing my own comfort food!

3 comments:

BenB said...

Geeze, LOTS of people don't do what they say they'll do. I run into that just with having tenants living with me. Rent - more specifically. But even friends and acquaintences - people say things and then you never hear from them again, so to speak, concerning what they said they would do. I find it very irritating at times, other times I just brush it off. It's human nature and it's part of our life journey - I guess.

Pastor Larry said...

Some people keep their word and some don't

Bagpuss said...

If you need great soup today I will drive down the road and get you some.
As for him, hes another one ull of pooo