Sunday, March 22, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday


WOW! I turned 40 on Friday. I can't believe it.

As I look back on the past 40 years, I have discovered that I have accomplished a lot in my lifetime. I grew up, married, divorced, purchased my own home, purchased a rental property, completed my masters degree, dealt with the death of my father and step father, opened a private practice, left a few jobs and found new ones, was named employee of the year, received a promotion, reconnected with old friends, strengthened existing friendships...the list goes on and on. So I am embracing turning 40. I figure the first 40 years was the hard work and now life can truly begin! YAY ME!!!!

I have been celebrating pretty much for the past few weeks. It started with my trip to Indianapolis and continued with Happy Hour after work on Friday which turned into a night out on the town at a local bar. The celebration will continue with a family party next weekend. I have wonderful friends. Even those that I never felt especially close to came out to help me celebrate. Life is good!

So, today, I am thankful for all of my blessings. Embrace life, count your blessings, and celebrate YOU! You deserve it!

2 comments:

becomingkate said...

Happy Belated! I'm four years older than you, and so far my 40's are pretty good.

JaneEllen said...

Great Pic!

Enjoy the 40s...they are fun and you are finally old enough to put life in perspective. It is liberating!