Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oh What A Beautiful Morning..........

I'm sitting here listening to the news............is there anything HAPPY going on in this world? Between false accusations, nuclear bombs, over reaction to the latest supreme court nominee, and rising gas prices I just want to watch cartoons! Gone are the days when we watched Wile E Coyote open his packages from ACME in an attempt to capture the Roadrunner.

I was listening to Ben Stein giving his commencement address at Liberty University (I think that's the name) this morning. He said that all of us have been touched by the holy (ok, so that may have not been the word but whatever...it's close) and that we should treat each other with that in mind. It was so elementary but had such truth to it........we don't treat each other as we should.

I believe that if we all started adopting this viewpoint, there would be a lot more happy stuff going on in the world.

Ok, I'm stepping off of the soap box to get ready to go to church. Today we celebrate Pentecost.....the day the Holy Spirit descended upon the apostles and other followers of Jesus. Today is also my Godson's confirmation. I'm so proud of him.

This is the day the Lord has made......let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Peace

No comments: