Sunday, February 22, 2009

Old Friends, New Friends

I've been up since the butt crack of dawn. I'm slightly hung over from a wonderful evening. It wasn't the beer that made it wonderful -- it was the people I was with.

Over the past few weeks, I have been reconnecting with former classmates (both high school and college) and really enjoying myself. My friendships have been deepening. I've taken some time to do some reflecting and have realized that I am truly blessed with wonderful people in my life. It's funny how, when you look back, you see that your friends/acquaintances are pretty much grouped. Each person's groupings are different but they all share a commonality.

My groupings are: family, high school, college, post grad, work, church, my biker friends, my WINGS friends, blogger/journal space, and some other random smaller groupings.

I think this all started with Facebook. Go figure! I have reconnected with so many of my high school classmates! I wasn't overly friendly with some of them in high school and didn't remain in touch with them afterwards. High School wasn't the best time of my life. I don't know why so that probably is one of the reasons why I didn't stay in contact or go to any of my reunions. Anyhoo...I traveled 2 hours yesterday to reconnect with one of my good friends in HS. She lives just outside of Easton, PA (cow country) with her two daughters. It was great to see her again. We picked up right where we left off!

Last night, after driving home, I went to the WINGS game with a friend of mine whom I've known for 20 years. She graduated a year after I did. Our ex husbands were friends so, naturally, we became friends and have been even through our divorces. We went to dinner with another friend. We had so much fun that I forgot what it was like to really belly laugh!

Then, at the game, we met up with another group of people who we see only during the lacrosse season. Some of our group weren't there. It amazed me that when we talked about going out to dinner before the next game to celebrate my birthday -- everyone said YES!

About two or three weeks ago, I received a friend request from a girl who I went to undergrad with. I had been looking for her for quite some time. We met for dinner and didn't stop talking for 4 hours!!!! It was wonderful and we didn't miss a beat. We fell right back into our silly antics and craziness. It felt so good!

I could go on and on about the different people in my life but, the bottom line is this: I am blessed to have such great people in my life. It's important to recognize that.

Have a wonderful day, hug your friends, say thanks, and don't forget to laugh or smile!


5 comments:

Dorrie said...

it is so great when you can reconnect to people. Sounds like you had a great time doing just that!

Bagpuss said...

Can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow.
Oh , and the tickets to the best event ever came yesteray

LERMONTOV said...

It is terrific that you have been able to get in contact with everyone again.

"didn't stop talking for 4 hours!!!!" - I can imagine!

LERMONTOV said...

And any news on the blind date?

Fijufic said...

I fear facebook as I can't cover all of my relationships now....

I understand there are many looking for me there however.

I am glad to read the positive outcome of this post however. Something to ponder.

Bobby