Sunday, May 17, 2009

Exhausted

I spent the night in a strange church last night. We are partnering with a church not too far from ours for our New Orleans trip so we decided to join them for their annual lock in. We really had a good time. It was a bit nervewracking at times because I was meeting kids for the first time and I wasn't used to them. My kids know how to behave and they know when I say something I mean it. Even though, at times, they drive me insane, they're great kids.

I learned a new card game called Mao (I don't know how to spell it) but all I know is that you can only learn the rules by playing. The person who is teaching you is not allowed to tell you any rules. It's fruastrating but it's fun.

We played hide n seek -- well, they did....I don't do dark in a place where I'm unfamiliar and had a blast. One of the kids (he's about 6 feet tall, athlete, stud) was hiding in this little closet thing where they store chairs. He was all scrunched in there. About 5 minutes into his hiding spot, the doors flew open and he comes flying out shouting, "There's a mouse in there!!" It was so funny.

This morning's worship services were wonderful. The kids did such a great job. There were a lot of people from my congregation there....so many that we were wondering who was left worshipping at our place.

What a great experience. I'm beyond exhausted because we got so very little sleep......time to rest up for antother busy week.......

Peace

1 comment:

LERMONTOV said...

Glad to hear that you had a greattime - funny re the mouse!