Monday, May 18, 2009

Good vs. Evil -- Good always prevails!

When all is said and done, all you really have is yourself. What does this mean? I don't know. I was just catching up on some of the blogs that I have been neglecting over the past weeks and decided to "post a new" one and see what comes out of my typing. So, this is it.............

Life has thrown some curve balls at me as of late. I've been doing a lot of thinking about work and the people that I work with. I often wonder why those "in power" make the decisions that they do. These decisions seem to go against every bit of common sense and business sense. They hire people who are really horrible workers. They get rid of those workers who are wonderful. They do not follow any pattern with running some of the programs.

I think this all stems from an incident that happened two Fridays ago. A good friend of mine was let go. Now, you may think, "it's a shame, wonder why, must have deserved it...." or any combination of those thoughts. Well...yes, it is a shame because the only thing that I can see he did was stick up for his supervisees and refuse to be the company puppet.

It's a weird dynamic. I happen to be one of those people who speaks to everyone. It's just the way I am. So is he. Naturally, we hit it off and became good friends. I would trust him with anything and everything. Well, it just so happens that the Vice President of his division does not like me. I have NO idea why. I have never done anything to her but be nice and do what she asks of me....not that it's been that much. It's very obvious that she has it in for me...I think she thinks that I don't know what she's doing....SURPRISE....I'm not that silly.

So, he goes and I get an email from my former supervisor that she needs to speak with me about appropriate/inappropriate sharing of information. See, immediately, both she and the VP jumped to the conclusion that I told everyone he was fired. I did not and vehemently told her that I didn't when I met with her on Monday morning. She asked who did and I said that I didn't know. (there's more to the story but it's not too relevant)

Fast forward to a few hours later. I find out that in their division meeting, the VP -- in front of all of her minions -- tried to throw me under the bus and accuse me of telling confidential information. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall when she was told -- in front of all of her minions -- that it wasn't me!!!

Which brings me to the issue of forgiveness. I remember someone saying to me that forgiveness isn't for the offending person but for the offendee. In other words, it's not for them, it's for you. So, I have chosen to forgive her for her blatant disregard of my feelings. I have chosen to forgive her for trying to make me look bad. I have chosen to forgive her for all of her negativity towards me. I have chosen to forgive both of them for not apologizing or admitting they were wrong. Will I forget? No.

I am very careful of what I say, to whom I say it, and my actions. I was glad that it was revealed that I was not the one who leaked the info. It just goes to show...when all is said and done, you only have yourself to trust and to be true to. Karma is a bitch....I'm glad she got what was coming to her and I hope that if she ever jumps to another conclusion that it backfires on her just as this one did.

2 comments:

LERMONTOV said...

It is good to see justice prevail!

Fijufic said...

Sounds like this person is corrosive and plays games herself.

I always hated this keep secret rule at work. It is absolute crap. Some people in power use it to do whatever they wish with virtual impunity. I don't work in that kind of environment.

Who cares if you talked and it was true? Unless there is something wrong with the corporate culture then this kind of action should be addressed publicly.

Hmmmm.

Bobby