Saturday, January 24, 2009

Game 1

Last night was the home opener of the Philadelphia Wings. I've had season tickets for forever and a day. I can't remember exactly when we (myself and Aud) started going but it definitely has been at least 18 years. I don't have a clue what the rules of the game are, no idea what the record is at the end of the season, no knowledge of the players. Yea, I'm a fan, right?

In the beginning I sat and watched the entire game. I saw every Wings goal and every "bad guy goal." I cheered and yelled, "sucks" when they introduced the opposing team. (It's a Wings thing..you wouldn't understand). There was a group of guys who sat behind us. Eventually we got to talking to them and the rest is history. Our little group grew and now there is a whole crew of us who hang out, drink, watch the game, eat, laugh....it's great.

The season lasts from January to April. We see some of the group periodically in the 'off season.' For those we don't see until the season starts, we pick up right where we left off. So, last night, we picked up right where we left off. It was great.

I saw some of the game but was busy catching up with the gang**. I never had an empty cup the entire game -- I haven't had that much to drink in quite some time. I'm paying for it today. Ewwwww. Getting myself together to go get my hair cut today should be a big treat!

They lost the game, I ended up drunk texting, and we're going to do it all again in two weeks. Stay tuned.....the antics at the games and hanging out in the parking lot afterwards make for great blogging.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Our Crew:
Me
Aud
Dan
Healey (the stutterer)
Rock
Vern (married to Egg)
Egg (married to Vern)
Sharon
Diane
The Babysitters and the fiance
The kids: Cole, Jake, Justin, Jennifer
Angel (the bartender)
Various others who join us periodically

2 comments:

Bagpuss said...

Sounds like a great night.
Can't wait for the new hair dooooo

LERMONTOV said...

It does sound like a great night - nothing like being at a game with the boys (crew etc)