Thursday, January 22, 2009

God Will Poke You In The Ear

It all started a few months back. As most of you know, Bagpuss and I work together and we are great friends. We both are insane in our own ways and really do feed off of each other. So we're walking down the hall one day and she was busting on me for something -- at this point, I can't remember. It probably had something to do with me and my youth group kids. Anyway, whatever it was, after she said it she got a horrible pain in her ear. So, witty one that I am, said, "See, that's God poking you in the ear for being mean to me."

What's that have to do with this blog? Well you see, it got stirred up again today. And, this is what started it:


One of the girls at work got her hair cut. It looks cute for a 5 year old but whatever. I just so happened to be walking down the hall (I spend a lot of time doing that) and looked through the window and saw her. The image of Marcie popped into my head. I laughed out loud and ran into Rach's office. She laughed and called me a cow. Yea, whatever....I'll live. I get back to my desk, find this picture and email it to her. After a few banterings back and forth, she tells me that God will poke me in the ear if I don't stop.

So I responded with, "I've been poked by God lots of times. I'm not afraid." At the time it seemed very innocent to me. Until I pushed "send." That's when it hit me. OH LORD! That has so many interpretations. Rach and I decided that I would post it to my blog and see what you have to say about it.

And that, my friends, is just another one of my classic, don't think before I speak lines. I do think, however, it's my favorite. What do you think?????

3 comments:

Bagpuss said...

I'm sure God's visited you at THAT moment. I know he sometimes pokes me in other places than just my ear and I scream out oh God!!!!!
But today you were a cow...therefore God will poke you somewhere.

becomingkate said...

lol!

LERMONTOV said...

Funny post & funny follow-up by bagpuss